VI Madeira Island Orienteering Meeting
Santo da Serra and Montado do Pereiro
The CAMadeira – Clube Aventura da Madeira presents the 6th edition of the Madeira Island Orienteering Meeting, a competition counting for the FPO Madeira Cup 2008/2009, which will be held in the mountains of Santa Cruz.
Chão das Aboboreiras and Montado do Pereiro will be the centres of the competition, two places of unique beauty, with open areas alternating with forest and with an enormous vocation for recreation and leisure proposes.
Both days of competition are opened to all the interested ones, whether in competition, initiation or leisure, as there are different courses suited to the physical, technical and tactic capacity of the participants.
25th January 2009 - Last Deadline for entries. After this day we'll only accept registrations for open and formation classes and will be depending on maps availability.
31st January 2009
13h00 - Opening of the Stage centre (Chão das Aboboreiras)
14h30 – First Start –Middle distance
17h30 – End of 1st day competition
1st February 2009
09h15 - Opening of the Stage centre (Montado do Pereiro)
10h30– First Start –Middle distance
13h00– 6th Madeira Island Orienteering Meeting awards giving ceremony
Organization: CAMadeira – Clube Aventura da Madeira
Event Director: João Soares
Course Planning: Alípio Silva/João Soares
National Advisor (FPO): Vítor Sousa
Open classes (Orienteering for all)
- OPT1 Easy – Short course (1 to 2,5km), non demanding courses for all ages and for people with no orienteering experience. This course can be done alone or in group. The courses will follow mainly footpaths, fences, or electric lines.
- OPT2 Medium – Medium course (1,5 to 3km) for people initiating or with few orienteering experience. The course will be more demanding in the physical aspect. This course can be done alone or in group.
Infants W15/ M15 - Born in 1994 or after
W17 - Juveniles W – Born in 1992 and 1993
M17 - Juveniles M – Born in 1992 and 1993
W20 - Juniors W – Born between 1989 and 1991
M20 - Juniors M – Born between 1989 and 1991
W21A – Seniors W - Born between 1975 and 1988
M21A – Seniors M - Born between 1975 and 1988
M21B - Seniors M – Born between 1975 and 1988
M35 – Veterans M I – Born between 1965 and 1974
W35 – Veterans F I - Born in 1974 or before
M45 – Veterans M II - Born in 1964 and before
Competition classes extra FPO Madeira Cup
W45 – Born in 1964 or before
H/D50 – Born in 1959 or before
H/D55 – Born in 1954 or before
H/D60 – Born in 1949 or before
H/D65 – Born in 1944 or before
Note: The classes with less than 4 athletes will be grouped with the next higher course.
Entries Fees (by day)
25th January 2009 - Last Deadline for entries in competition classes. After this day we'll only accept registrations for open and formation classes and will be depending on maps availability.
Until 25th January 2009
FPO Affiliated born in 1989 or after - 2,5 euros
FPO Affiliated born in 1988 or before – 4 euros
Non-FPO Affiliated born in 1989 or after – 4,5 euros
Non-FPO Affiliated born in 1988 or before – 6 euros
Born in 1989 or after – 2,5 euros
Born in 1988 or before – 4 euros
After 26th January 2009
FPO Affiliated born in 1989 or after - 3,5 euros
FPO Affiliated born in 1988 or before – 5 euros
Non-FPO Affiliated born in 1989 or after – 5,5 euros
Non-FPO Affiliated born in 1988 or before – 7 euros
Born in 1988 or after – 2,5 euros
Born in 1988 or before – 4 euros
The fees above mentioned include sport insurance, with the exception of the non-renewed affiliated athletes, for who’s is added the fee of 1,75 euros for one day and 3 euros for both days to the affiliated fee.
SI-Card rental (for day): 1EUR
The lost of the SI-Card means the payment of 30,00 EUR
CAMadeira affiliated athletes – free (with the exception of the SI-Card rental)
All entries done until 27th January will be take in consideration for payment purposes.
Deadline for entries with discount – 25th January 2009 - Deadline for entries in competition classes. From this date on, we’ll only accept entries for open classes and will be depending on map availability.
The entries may be done online at www.camadeira.com or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com mentioning the following data:
- Name (name and surname);
- ID or Passport number (for Insurance Company registration);
- FPO Number;
- SI Card number (If not indicated the organization will presume the SI Card rental);
- Birth date for non-FPO affiliated;
- Participation class;
- Days of participation;
The SPORT IDENT Electronic Punching System will be used in all events. Competitors can use their own SI-cards (the SI-card number must be given on the Entry Form) or rent one from the organisation.
The athlete must punch by the sequential order defined by the organization, waiting 1 second to hear the bip of the chip recognition. When the system fails one should punch in the area of the map reserved to the purpose. For more information: www.sportident.se
1st day – Chão das Aboboreiras – Santo da Serra – Santa Cruz
2nd day – Poiso/Montado do Pereiro – Santa Cruz
The areas covered by the maps Santo da Serra (Chão das Aboboreiras) and Montado do Pereiro (Poiso/Montado do Pereiro) are interdicted until the event takes place. All athletes identified in the place will not be classified.
1st Day – “Santo da Serra” map in a scale 1/7500, (contour interval 5m), 2003 edition updated January 2008
2nd Day – “Montado do Pereiro” map in a scale 1/7500, (contour interval 5m), 2006 edition according to IOF rules, updated and enlarged in May 2008.
1st Day – Relief is medium to high. Mixed forest terrain with semi-open areas alternating with dense vegetation areas, and some paths.
2nd Day - Relief is medium to high. The terrain is easy run forest areas alternating with dense vegetation areas, semi-open areas and some paths.
- First aid and ambulance near Finish;
- Time limit for each course (Middle Distance): 2 hours;
- The route is marked out from the line of departure (reception of the map and start of the time) to the triangle (marked on the map and materialized in the terrain by a post without code).
- The use of pectoral number is compulsory, it is put to the front and it cannot be doubled or cut;
- The athlete's maps will be hold at Finish until the last athlete's start.
- Car Parking in concentration place, indicated by arrows;
- Car keys and bags can be stored at Event Centre;
- Light snacks and drinks at Finish
The result of the “6th Madeira Island Orienteering Meeting” will be the result of both days (31st January and 1st February) of competition.
Results lists will be displayed at the finish area and on the CAMAdeira web page at: www.camadeira.com
“VI Madeira Island Orienteering Meeting”
- Trophy to the 1st classified and medals for the 2nd and 3rd classified of each course
Localization of the event place
1st day, 31st January 2009, Saturday - The event will take place on Chão das Aboboreiras, Santo da Serra, in Santa Cruz council.
From Funchal: Option A - Take motor way in the direction of Santa Cruz, take the option Santo da Serra (Golf Course) and then follow the direction of Camacha, about 2km after Santo da Serra turn right in direction to Poiso, Pico do Areeiro.
Option B – Leaving from Funchal, go towards Monte and Terreiro da Luta and then Poiso. There turn right towards Santo da Serra. Orange arrows will lead you to the assembly area.
2nd day, 1st February 2009, Sunday - The event will take place on Poiso mountains / Montado do Pereiro.
Leaving from Funchal, go towards Monte and Terreiro da Luta and then Poiso. Orange arrows will lead you to the assembly area.
- It constitutes cause of disqualification of any athlete: a) To not execution of the courtse in the order established by the organization; b) Loss of SI-card; c) Arrival after the time limit for the execution of the course (2h); d) To provoke damages in private or garden areas; e) To disregard the general standards of the use of the public road f) Violate other rules established by the organization;
- It constitutes obligation of the athletes: a) always download SI-card after ending his course or in case of giving up; b) Assist any athlete in case of accident, as long as the circumstances justify it; c) To respect the marked areas; d) To hand over the map in the arrival, when determined by the organization;
- All the cases not described in this regulation / information will be regularized in accordance with the stipulated in FPO Regulation of Competitions 2008/2009.
- Any accident that takes place during the execution of the course is of the responsibility of the athletes, in everything that exceeds the risk covered by insurance sport. This insurance covers the risks arising from the accident suffered during the activity under the following conditions:
a) Death or permanent disability (only for people over 14 years): € 22.185,96; For children under 14 years this amount is reduced to € 2.218,60.
b) Expenses with help and treatment: 3.697,66 €;
For further information please contact us at:
Clube Aventura da Madeira
E.C. Zarco - Apartado 191
Telemóvel: +351 962837491
Fax: +351 291230529
firstname.lastname@example.org (entries) or email@example.com (general)